Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
时间:2023-10-01 09:55:12 出处:재무阅读（143）
Russia's top diplomat said Saturday he will visit North Korea next month as part of follow-up measures to the rare summit between their leaders earlier this month.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov made the remarks during a press conference at the UN headquarters in New York, saying that the upcoming visit follows the agreement between North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Kim and Putin held the summit at a Russian spaceport on Sept. 13, raising speculation North Korea may have reached a deal to supply ammunition for Russia's war in Ukraine in exchange for food aid and the transfer of weapons technology.
Observers say Putin's visit to North Korea could be discussed during Lavrov's trip, as the Russian leader earlier accepted Kim's invitation extended to him at the summit. (Yonhap)
- The Korea Herald to hold space forum on Oct. 11
- 여당, 총선변수에 고심…“쇄신한 민주당과 대결 준비해야”
- Hyundai Motor may sell Russian plant to local firm
- SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
- S. Korean ambassador says stronger Russia
- [Hello Hangeul] The making of Korean language textbooks featuring BTS
- Seoul shares tumble to 5
- [Herald Interview] Mimiirose hopes to make a name for itself
- Biz outlook stays flat for October amid slowing economy