[Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
时间:2023-10-01 09:49:54 出处:자동차阅读（143）
Toyota launched its fourth electrification model in Korea for this year, the luxury hybrid minivan Alphard that features a chauffeured, sedanlike driving experience.
The fourth generation of the multipurpose vehicle that has sold some 150,000 units in Japan and abroad hopes to offer “omotenashi” -- a Japanese expression that describes hospitality and mindfulness -- to customers ranging from company executives who need private space, to family car lovers.
“Compared to the previous model, the new Alphard has improved the body rigidity by 50 percent and reduced the vibration by one-third,” said Takahiro Sugama, project general manager at Toyota Motor Corp. The car also has turned down the road and car noise by using sound deadening materials, Sugama added.
Stressing that the car was also designed to give a pleasant experience for drivers, Alphard Chief Manager Kenichi Yoshioka noted that it improved the steering response with the Toyota New Global Architecture platform. It has three Proactive Driving Assist system modes: Obstacle Anticipation Assist, Deceleration Assist and Steering Assist.
The car’s official gas mileage is 13.5 kilometers per liter, which was drastically improved compared to the third-generation model, according to the automaker.
- New teachers’ manual bans recording devices in classrooms
- [Herald Review] ‘Cobweb,’ a fresh, new wind in the Korean box office
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Koreanists on verge of extinction overseas
- Hana Financial signs MOU with Saudi Arabia's EXIM bank to expand cooperation
- 120,000 more public homes to be supplied by this year
- [Today’s K
- [Bills in Focus] Holding CEOs accountable for lack of internal financial control
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1
- Manpower Korea’s unique approach to reference checks