Allies vow stern measures against Russia
时间:2023-10-01 10:06:14 出处:쇼핑阅读（143）
The top diplomats from South Korea, the United States and Japan have agreed to take stern measures against a potential arms deal between Russia and North Korea, Seoul's foreign ministry said Saturday.
According to the ministry, Seoul's Foreign Minister Park Jin met with his US counterpart, Antony Blinken, and Japanese counterpart, Yoko Kamikawa, in New York on Friday to discuss Russia-North Korea arms dealings.
Earlier this month, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un held a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin amid growing concerns about a possible arms deal between the two nations.
Kim wants military technology cooperation from Russia to build spy satellites and other weapons, while Putin seeks more ammunition from the North for use in Ukraine.
The top diplomats expressed deep concerns over the two nations' military cooperation and warned that a potential arms deal between Pyongyang and Moscow would be in violation of UN Security Council resolutions that Russia itself voted for.
They vowed to cooperate with the global community to sternly deal with any threats to regional security in violation of the UNSC resolutions, according to the ministry. (Yonhap)
- Trilateral talks open on Korea
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- House ownership widens wealth gap between young and old
- Opposition head pleads for support in ‘fight against Yoon dictatorship’
- [Book Review] 'Lee Kun
- S. Korea’s consumer sentiment turns sour in September: BOK index