Seoul shares open higher on US gains
时间:2023-12-10 02:55:36 出处:영화阅读（143）
South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.23 points, or 0.79 percent, to 2,455.47 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
U.S. stocks closed higher as investors bet on big tech, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average advancing 0.93 percent and the Nasdaq Composite rising 1.2 percent.
In Seoul, tech and battery shares led the bullish opening.
Top-cap Samsung Electronics added 0.74 percent and its local rival LG Electronics rose 1.9 percent.
Leading battery maker LG Energy Solution climbed 1.05 percent and Posco Future M jumped 3.43 percent.
Leading pharmaceutical firm Samsung Biologics and SK bioscience rose 0.98 percent and 1.06 percent, respectively.
The local currency was trading at 1,349.75 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., up 3.95 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- Beef prices have soared 100
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- [Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
- [From the scene] Eye
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains